- Drive, operate and maintain paint/epoxy equipment for application of pavement markings on highways, roadways, parking areas, trails and airports.
- Drive, operate and maintain grinding/grooving equipment to remove existing pavement markings and/or create recesses for pavement markings.
- Check performance of the different components of pavement marking equipment including auxiliary engines, pumps, heaters, air compressors, hydraulic systems, paint/epoxy guns, paint/epoxy/air/glycol/hydraulic lines, reflective bead guns and electronic switch boxes, tape applicators, propane torches; troubleshoot equipment failures and report unresolved problems to appropriate staff.
- Utilize cameras and/or laser to guide vehicle or machinery along existing lines or new layout marks for the purpose of painting center, lane, edge and gore lines.
- Read, interpret and follow blueprints, drawings and specifications as required to layout unmarked pavement markings.
- Accurately track and record quantities of pavement markings on each project.
- Operates and assists in the operation of vehicles, trailers and equipment; drive company vehicles to/from job site(s) and effective use of maps/GPS
- Perform manual labor, including the use of stencils, torches, hand tools and operate various equipment; drive support trucks on a daily basis; load and unload equipment, supplies and materials.
- Perform traffic control. Includes flagging, short-term lane closures by installing and removing traffic control devices, and slow-moving mobile lane closures
- Perform and document daily equipment and vehicle inspections as required.
- Perform calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Perform other job-related duties as directed.
- Ensure adherence to company safety policies & employee handbook.
- Requires explaining facts, interpreting situations, understanding oral and written instructions, and communicating with customers, inspectors, employees, contractors, and the public in English.
- Requires the ability to quickly assess and prioritize customer needs.
- Requires the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism with customers and co-workers in high-stress situations.
- Requires the ability to respond in a courteous and helpful manner to customers, inspectors, contractors and co-workers who may be upset.
- Requires the ability to handle multiple tasks to fulfill job requirements.
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination, color and depth perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties.
- Requires the availability to travel out of town and overnight as required.
- Requires extensive seasonal work schedules on weekdays, weekends, and availability to work at nights and other times that are required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must have a telephone.
- Regular job functions are carried out in difficult and frequently hazardous working environments; including temperature extremes, extensive direct sunlight, night work and heavy traffic situations.
- Regular job functions are carried out in an environment with exposure to noise, including those associated with highways, construction sites and equipment, airports.
- Frequent exposure to paint, epoxy, paint fumes, solvents, chemical fumes and other environmental substances.
- Regular job functions include continuous strenuous activities such as repetitive reaching, bending, lifting, twisting, kneeling, squatting and pulling; prolonged periods of standing and walking; and operating motorized equipment and vehicles.
- Essential job functions require maintaining physical condition necessary for light to heavy lifting and carrying: including frequent lifting to 50 lbs and occasional lifting up to 100 lbs as well as performing work activities that require fine manual dexterity or coordination in operating machines and equipment with steering wheels, joysticks, buttons, knobs, handles, toggle and rocker switches.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and obtain DOT medical card upon employment start date
- Must obtain Commercial Driver’s License Permit within 30 days of employment start date.
- Must obtain a Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with HAZMAT, Air Brake and Tanker endorsement within six months of employment start date.
- Must have a good driving record with no major violations within the last five years or be accepted by the company insurance policy provider to drive company vehicles.
- Must comply with company Substance Abuse Policy and DOT Drug Control Program, which includes pre-employment and random drug and/or alcohol testing.
- Obtain and maintain ATSSA Flagging Certification or Traffic Control Technician Certification
- Typical physical demands of this job include sitting, standing, walking, climbing, reaching, lifting minimum of 50 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, dexterity of hands and fingers, seeing, hearing, and talking.